Monday, May 2, 2016

Taking the Leap

It's been far too long. But all of a sudden, things in my world are taking a far right swing and I felt like I needed a place to line it all up again.

My husband got a new job. It's a huge blessing, and I am so happy for him because he's been searching and working for one for over two years. I'm also of a gypsy heart, so I was feeling like I needed a big change. This fulfills my husband's needs and my wants all at once, which is great and easy. I'm excited, don't get me wrong, but I am also so nervous. I've spent the last 8 years working full-time, the last year-plus-some working full-time as a mama. In 1.5 weeks, I will officially be a stay-at-home mom with no end in sight. For a very long time, I was convinced that was exactly what I wanted for myself. But now, coming face-to-face with that as my reality, I am frightened. I've reached out to my friends on Facebook, because I do have a community of friends around me, many of whom are already stay-at-homers, and this is the advice I've received so far:

  1. Get dressed every day.
  2. Find a play group so you can meet mommy friends but your kids can also socialize.
  3. Create a chore chart so you don't end up overwhelmed.
  4. Get out of the house every day, even if it's just taking the dog for a walk.
  5. Enjoying your kids comes first!
I've researched some moms' groups and local activities, and I'm just hoping to take it one day at a time without tearing out my hair. Here goes nothin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment